Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s degrees in the United Kingdom are available to citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. The UK Department for International Development is funding these scholarships (DFID).
UK Universities are the host institution(s).
Level of study and field(s) of study: Masters Degree Programme at a UK University
Scholarship number: not specified
Citizenship or refugee status granted by a Commonwealth country is the target group.
Each scholarship includes airfare to and from the United Kingdom, tuition and examination fees, a stipend, a thesis grant (if applicable), and a warm clothing allowance, among other things.
To apply for these scholarships, you must do the following:
• Be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status by that country, or be a British Protected Person.
• Be a permanent resident of a Commonwealth country.
• Be ready to begin your academic studies in the UK by the beginning of the UK academic year in September 2023.
• Hold a first degree with at least upper second class (2:1) honours or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by September 2023. A second UK Master’s degree would not normally be funded by the CSC. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you must provide justification for why you want to pursue this study.
Without this scholarship, I would be unable to study in the United Kingdom.
• Provided all necessary supporting documentation in the required format
Instructions for use:
Direct applications for these scholarships are not accepted by the CSC. All applications must go through one of the following nominating bodies: national nominating agencies (the main application route) or selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies.
Each nominating body is in charge of its own selection procedure. Check with your nominating body for specific advice and rules for applying, as well as their own eligibility criteria and application deadline.
You must submit your application through the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), in addition to any other application forms required by your nominating body. All applications must be submitted by the 18th of October, 2022.
It is critical to read to access the EAS system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship (link found below).
Originally posted 2022-10-04 13:24:03.